Wednesday 16 September 2015

Hamster Search Squad can stand down!

Of course after my initial ranty rage post I was worried for little Theo. my house is a dangerous place for a little hamster! 
We put piles of food down in rooms and closed the doors so tomorrow we could perhaps see where he'd been. There was the worry that He'd be upstairs, yet all the food would be gone downstairs....
( whispers 'mice' ) 


Anywayyyyy 
No need! I found him by almost stepping on him. Upstairs. On my landing which is a big step up from Miss 21's landing. Up a big step that Miss 21 claimed he couldn't climb! He wasn't there when I walked into my room, yet two minutes later when I reopened the door with an armful of clean towels to put away in the landing cupboard, Theo appeared as if from nowhere!! Miss 21 was hollered and she came and scooped him up to safety! Where he was was a very big drop through the banisters down to the hall. It doesn't bear thinking about!! 
I'm so relieved we got him back! 
Here he is having a reward of a fresh spinach leaf. His reward is that he was found! Me? I'm up for mother of the year!! Miss 21 lives to try n make it to 22!!! 
Lots of love from 
A MUCH happier 
Rachel * will sleep easy now * Radiostar! 

Ps only I would have ever found him this way as there's only me who know the secret to putting the clean towels in the cupboard! Everyone else in the house must think the elves do it!  

25 comments:

  1. I'm glad Theo has been found safe and well. Funny how many jobs around here are also done by the housework elves/fairies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might even do a whole blog post on it Helen!

      Delete
  2. I'll tell the cats to unpack,then.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. With an armful of towels it really is amazing that you actually saw him and didn't tread on him......like I frequently do when i'm similarly carrying armloads of washing to put away and trip over OH's slippers or shoes which he has a tendency to leave in the middle of the floor......GRRRR!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! I'm sure a certain young lady will be a lot more careful from now on! So very glad . . .
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad he was found, you are so funny & really you have elves too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad he's found. Go easy on MIss 21.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss 21 leads a super easy charmed life!! Don't you fret about her!

      Delete
  7. Oh dear, poor Theo. Our hamster worked out how to twist the lid off his cage, got down onto the floor and couldn't get back. We eventually found him under the sofa, cold and cross. I'd love to say he learned his lesson and didn't do that again - but he did, twice more in fact, until we worked out what he was doing and sellotaped the cage shut. Naughty Smoky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad he's safe! This has happened a few times in our house, I usually just shut the bedroom door and in the evening when they awake we can source the scratching sound that we can hear!
    None of the dogs have snacked on the gerbil/hamsters/mice yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a suggestion of leaving a food laden ramp leading up to a bucket lined with thick sawdust n bedding in the room. I will use it if there's a next time!

      Delete
  9. Oh Phew! Although this now means he is back for potential hamster-napping from me. I'll leave you a note though, so you know where he is and don't worry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could always come for hamster holidays!

      Delete
    2. Poppy would love that! x

      Delete
  10. Cute hamster and glad he's been found. Ours escaped once and I was convinced it wouldn't get up the stairs so we spent ages pulling all the furniture out to look for her downstairs but no joy. Hours later when we went to bed there she was sat on our bedroom floor! No idea why I thought she wouldn't get up the stairs, they're fantastic climbers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn those elves! They clearly kidnapped Theo and held him hostage.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!