Wednesday 4 March 2015

Another Teddy

Hello folks,
I've knit my third teddy. This one is a little bit special. 

She/He was for my friend's precious little girl. She turned one at the weekend. 
 My friend's mum sadly passed away before knowing anything about her little grand daughter. But in the time after her Mum's death, my friend passed on a huge black sack of wool, needles and bits of knitting paraphanalia to me. 

In amongst all of this was a half knitted fluffy pink scarf. 

 I carefully pulled back the scarf and using the same needles and only the wool from the knitted bit of the scarf I made this teddy for her little girl. 
 
When my friend knew the story behind the teddy she said it made her well up. I didn't want to make her cry, I just hoped she'd like it. 

Not sure what the one year old will think to this bright pink fluffy thing! 


Love from
Rachel *another teddy is born* Radiostar xx



15 comments:

  1. Wonder what teddy is smiling at.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably at the shocking needle skills of his creator!!

      Delete
  2. Probably my sewing skills Jane!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean Rachel *what a lovely person* Radiostar. Made me well up too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stumbled across your blog whilst blog tangling - absolutely love it and have enjoyed reading my way through it. Teddy is lovely and what a fab story behind him too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kim! Welcome! I love finding n making new Bloggy chums x

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful teddy and a beautiful story to go with it.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a lovely thing to do. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know about a one year old, but this 63 year old loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pam! Thanks - but I cannot believe you are 63! Life In WALES certainly suits!

      Delete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!