Thursday 12 September 2013

Like Bono

Been awake for sodding ages
Brain busy turning pages
Ideas firing in my head
Laid awake in my bed.
It's still too dark to start the day
So here I toss and turn and play
Endless games of Candy Crush
As morning time is in no rush.
Like the title of this write
Eyes pinged open in the night
Bono sang, his voice a weeping
I'm wide awa hake, I'm not sleeping!
The house is silent, oh so still,
The clock ticks slowly on until
It's 6 O'clock, the radio's on
NOW I'm sleepy.
Could just nod off!

1 comment:

  1. Love the poem Rachel and I am not much into poetry. Lots of my friends are addicted to Candy Crush

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!