Tuesday 12 March 2013

Crisps

It's day ( quickly counts up on fingers ) 9 and not one crisp has made it down my alimentary canal. NINE DAYS SANS LES CRISPS!

So, what am I doing to help with my quest for healthy eating without crisps. Oh crisps, how I love thee, you crisp, crunchy, salty potato disc of unctuous gorgeousness.
Ahem

I have been watching TV. ( My other favourite thing! ) and just what have I been watching? Well, Great British Menu where someone just fried a thin potato basket. NOM. Then The Fixer. Where the scary lady with impressive bosoms gets shouty and cross at hapless people who cry and get cross and eventually do what she says and they all live happily ever after. This week she is sorting out a FISH AND CHIP SHOP. Cue MANY close ups of golden inviting chips ( a close cousin of the crisp)

Clearly this is not enough punishment as I'm now mid cast off ( see pic ) agog at Greg < he's tweeted me a few times > Wallace and John < just look how he curls his massive gob around the spoon/fork because I can't STAND it > Torode cook a FRIED courgette flower. Do you know, I've not had a fried courgette flower for ages!* I love Masterchef. Its making me hungry! In my head, my crispometer is flashing dangerously! Its NINE DAYS EMPTY. Fortunately for my self imposed quest I have no crisps in. It's a good job. As far as I know there is no local branch of Crisps Anonymous operating round here.


The latest work is a little baby sweater- finished pics to follow!

In case you are wondering, my death row packet of crisps would have to be Walkers Cheese n Onion. I like my crisps nice and pale and lightly cooked. Brown crisps will not do. Am also partial to an onion ring but technically speaking , that's a snack!!
What's your flavour??!!!!








* never had one. No really, I haven't!

11 comments:

  1. I used to be a salt and vinegar girl but now its cheese and onion on bread and butter with a bit of real onion. No crisps for lent but then I don't have them often. I'm currently having the mini bags of Ritz with a bit of cucumber and laughing cow blue triangle, my take on a 'healthy' snack thats not crisp butties ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bread and butter, I love ritz crackers! Mmmmmmmmm

      Delete
  2. I don't eat them...I don't like them.
    You think I'm an alien,don't you?!!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! What is WRONG with you??!!!!! Not even a potato/corn/maize snack??!! Ah well, there'd be more for me at a buffet!! I wonder if your lovely tall slender frame versus my short rotund one is crisp related?!!!

      Delete
  3. I like 'em Ready Salted... like my women! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plain crisps are the solid rock on which the crisp world is based. Without them there would be chaos and misery!

      Delete
  4. Old Dutch Ketchup (it's a western Canadian thing) or Miss Vickie's Salt and Vinegar. I love chips - they're chips here, not crisps, so that is what I call them - but I never have them in the house because I will eat them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm craving Old Dutch Ketchup Crisps AND IM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT THAT IS!!! Helpless,hopeless addict.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel I have not been feeling well for a while so I went to my doctor and he took blood tests. Turns out my insulin levels are sky high, I cannot have sugar again in my life or I will become a diabetic. No potatoes for me either :-(. The worst is I am not even allowed alcohol to drown my sorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Viv, that's awful news. Good that you have a diagnosis but a terrible thing to hear. My mum is diabetic and manages it well... But it's best to not have to manage it at all. Life will be a bit tough for you for a while xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. CHEESE AND ONION!!! None of this posh vintage cheddar and caramalised onion malarkey. Give me bog standard cheese and onion any day. (T*sco value are seriously good too. Proper cheese and oniony like)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!